Using smaller pans and topping the cakes with amaretto glaze makes these so incredibly moist. —Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour four 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, water, amaretto, oil and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, water and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Remove cakes from oven; cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cakes while in pans; let stand until glaze is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Store cooled cakes, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2014
"very good. although the syrup ran over and made a mess."