Using smaller pans and topping the cakes with amaretto glaze makes these so incredibly moist. —Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour four 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, water, amaretto, oil and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, water and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Remove cakes from oven; cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cakes while in pans; let stand until glaze is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans. Store cooled cakes, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Little Amaretto Loaf Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2014
"very good. although the syrup ran over and made a mess."