Lion and Lamb Cupcakes
March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, but in the meantime, there are adorable cupcakes to be made! These sweet treats are delicious any time of year--and offer an easy project that kids can help to create. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange, blue and pink paste food coloring
- Assorted decorations: snack-size Mounds candy bars, jelly beans, flaked coconut, chocolate jimmies and Pull-n-Peel licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes; cool completely. Tint desired amounts of frosting orange,
- blue and pink.
- For lambs, frost cupcakes white and attach a Mounds candy bar for
- face. Pipe additional frosting over top of candy bar for tuft of
- hair between the ears. Attach jelly beans for ears, sprinkle body
- with coconut and pipe frosting for eyes and nose.
- For lions, frost cupcakes with orange frosting. Sprinkle edges with
- jimmies and attach pieces of licorice for mane. Attach jelly beans
- for ears. Pipe faces with frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.