Lion and Lamb Cupcakes Recipe
March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, but in the meantime, there are adorable cupcakes to be made! These sweet treats are delicious any time of year--and offer an easy project that kids can help to create. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange, blue and pink paste food coloring
- Assorted decorations: snack-size Mounds candy bars, jelly beans, flaked coconut, chocolate jimmies and Pull-n-Peel licorice
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Tint desired amounts of frosting orange, blue and pink.
- 2. For lambs, frost cupcakes white and attach a Mounds candy bar for face. Pipe additional frosting over top of candy bar for tuft of hair between the ears. Attach jelly beans for ears, sprinkle body with coconut and pipe frosting for eyes and nose.
- 3. For lions, frost cupcakes with orange frosting. Sprinkle edges with jimmies and attach pieces of licorice for mane. Attach jelly beans for ears. Pipe faces with frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Lion and Lamb Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC