Lion and Lamb Cupcakes Recipe
March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, but in the meantime, there are adorable cupcakes to be made! These sweet treats are delicious any time of year--and offer an easy project that kids can help to create. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange, blue and pink paste food coloring
- Assorted decorations: snack-size Mounds candy bars, jelly beans, flaked coconut, chocolate jimmies and Pull-n-Peel licorice
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Tint desired amounts of frosting orange, blue and pink.
- For lambs, frost cupcakes white and attach a Mounds candy bar for face. Pipe additional frosting over top of candy bar for tuft of hair between the ears. Attach jelly beans for ears, sprinkle body with coconut and pipe frosting for eyes and nose.
- For lions, frost cupcakes with orange frosting. Sprinkle edges with jimmies and attach pieces of licorice for mane. Attach jelly beans for ears. Pipe faces with frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lion and Lamb Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p11
Reviews for Lion and Lamb Cupcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >