Linzer Tarts Recipe
With a creamy chocolate and hazelnut filling, these decadent Christmas cookies look and taste amazing. Guests will never guess how relatively easy they are to make.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in thirds. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. holiday-shaped cookie cutters. Using floured 1-in. shaped cookie cutters, cut out the centers of half of the cookies.
- 3. Place solid and cutout cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining portions of dough. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Sprinkle cutout cookies with additional confectioners' sugar. Spread 1 teaspoon Nutella on the bottom of each solid cookie; place cookies with cutout centers over filling. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC