Linzer Tart Recipe
This lovely versatile tart shows up regularly at family gatherings. I can customize it for any holiday occasion by using different-shaped cookie cutouts...or different fruit fillings. And even my picky children gobble it up!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon peel; mix well. Place almonds in a blender, cover and process until ground. Combine the almonds, flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Remove 1/3 cup of dough. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Freeze for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Press remaining dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Spread raspberry preserves over crust. Remove remaining dough from freezer; using small cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes. Place over preserves.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 311 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Linzer Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC