Linguine with Seafood Sauce Recipe
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to seafood mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine; toss with sour cream. Place in a serving bowl; add seafood sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 337 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.