Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to the tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 321 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil
"Easy and delicious! The perfect meal for those hot summer nights out on the patio. Try it, you will not be disappointed."
"I recently cut out recipes from old issues, and this was one of them. Wish I had found it sooner! It is delicious! My whole family loved it, even my 5-year-old grandson."
"Easy and delicious. I will definately make this again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.