Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to the tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 321 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.