Tired of pasta weighted down by sauce? Opt for Linda Nichols' nutritious toss-up of marinated tomatoes, linguine and cheese. "This recipe comes from my husband's sister, Allison, and is in our family cookbook. It is one of our favorite summer meals," she says from Atlantic, Iowa. "The leftovers make a great cold pasta salad."
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to the tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Linguine With Marinated Tomato And Basil in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review