Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) whole baby clams
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Drain baby and minced clams, reserving juice; set clams and juice aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add parsley and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add reserved clams; saute 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and reserved clam juice until smooth; stir into skillet with wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the basil, pepper and cayenne. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-2/3 cups) equals 357 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.