Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) whole baby clams
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Drain baby and minced clams, reserving juice; set clams and juice aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add parsley and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add reserved clams; saute 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and reserved clam juice until smooth; stir into skillet with wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the basil, pepper and cayenne. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-2/3 cups: 357 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Linguine with Herbed Clam Sauce
"My husband loved it plate was cleaned off in no time...only change I made was put in 2 cans of clams ....delicious & very easy to make!"
"I've been making this recipe for a few years now and it has become an Easter menu tradition alongside the ham. Delicious and easy!"
"This was so delicious. I increased everything half again just to get a little more clam deliciousness to go with my pound of linguine. I forgot the Parmesan cheese, but honestly, it wasn't missed because this dish was so good. I'll definitely remember it next time, though."