Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the ham, soup, 2 cups cheese, sour cream, onion, green pepper and butter. Add the pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese
Sort By :
I had some swiss cheese I wanted to use up and found this. Glad I did. I was worried about it being too salty with the ham so I bought low sodium soup and rinsed the ham. I actually didn't use sour cream because I forgot it so instead I used 6 oz cream cheese and about 1/4 cup milk. It worked well, though I do want to try it again with sour cream. I also added a ton of garlic and pepper (no salt). I wasn't crazy about the onions so I'll probably not add them next time and while I added the butter I think it's just unnecessary fat and calories since the dish is rich enough as is, but otherwise this is a great dish. I was thinking peas and carrots would be good in this, so I might try that next. This is a very good dish to customize. Overall 5 stars. It was tasty.
I have a fussy eaters in my family and all of them just love this casserole. It's easy to make freezes well also.