- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute spinach and onion until spinach is wilted and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth. Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linguine with Garlic Sauce
"We added Parmesan cheese to this and it made the meal!!!"
"We used almonds instead of pine nuts because we're poor and it was still way good"
"LOVED IT! total keeper :)"
"This is a definite keeper! Will be making this quite often."
"My family loves this recipe. I hadn't made it for a long time, and I was making a different dish, and he was disappointed that it wasn't this one. On occasion, I've added shrimp to it."
"My family really liked this. I used walnuts since pine nuts are so expensive"
"I have made this recipe too many times to count. I love it! It is easy and comes out just like the picture shows. If you want to impress your family or guest, this is the way to go."
"This is one of my husband's favorite dishes. Which is nice that it is fast and easy."
"I love this recipe-we use it often--the pine nuts add a lot"