On a chilly evening, this creamy pasta toss is sure to please. It’s rich and flavorful with smoky bacon, fresh spinach and toasted pine nuts.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute spinach and onion until spinach is wilted and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth. Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Garlic Sauce in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linguine with Garlic Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review