Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and toss with butter. Add to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 211 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.