"This garlic and basil pasta recipe is a wonderful way to use your bounty of late-summer tomatoes," suggests Susan Jones of Downers Grove, Illinois. "Ideal as a side dish for grilled chicken, it also makes a great light supper when coupled with a salad and breadsticks."
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and toss with butter. Add to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p21
Reviews for Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review