Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 370 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.