Featuring garden-fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and edamame, this bright and hearty dish is a marvelous meatless meal any weeknight. —Diana Rios, Lytle, Texas
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes for 2 in Healthy Cooking
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review