Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes(8)
Sort By :
Love it. Made it twice in one week. Easy and tasty!
We love this recipe! It was flavorful and surprisingly filling for a meatless entree! Bonus: it comes together fast!
I made this for my daughter and myself, so I cut it in half. Did not have oregano, so I added 1/2t. dried basil, and one frozen cube of fresh basil, which I saute'd along with tomatoes, garlic, dried basil and salt. I use Crazy Jane's Mixed up salt. Left out the green onions. One clove of garlic, was plenty. Used frozen Edamame, in the pods, so I had to cook them first and then add to the already cooked pasta. I may try adding cooked chicken breast or crumbled sweet Italian sausage next time I make this.
We had this for dinner last night and my husband and I agree it's a keeper. We enjoyed the blend of flavors accented by the salty bite of feta. This one is going in our file of regulars worth repeating.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >