Linguine with Clam Sauce
Green pepper gives a nice bite to this pasta dish. Add a loaf of crusty bread and a green salad, and dinner is served.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute
- the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil and butter until almost
- tender. Stir in the clam juice, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper
- flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7
- minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Drain pasta; transfer to a
- bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 386 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.