- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil and butter until almost tender. Stir in the clam juice, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Clam Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p229
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Linguine with Clam Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2008
"one of my favorite dishes"