Green pepper gives a nice bite to this pasta dish. Add a loaf of crusty bread and a green salad, and dinner is served.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil and butter until almost tender. Stir in the clam juice, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Clam Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p229
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Linguine with Clam Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review