- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut 1/2 in. off ends of broccoli rabe; trim woody stems. Cut stems and leaves into 2-in. pieces. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add anchovies and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in red peppers, olives, pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- Add linguine and broccoli rabe to skillet; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired to moisten. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Broccoli Rabe, Peppers & Olives in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Linguine with Broccoli Rabe & Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2013
"Made this for dinner with my parents. They loved it."