Linguine with Broccoli Rabe & Peppers Recipe
Broccoli rabe is one of my favorite veggies. Since it cooks right with the pasta, you can multitask. Before you know it, dinner is served. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Cut 1/2 in. off ends of broccoli rabe; trim woody stems. Cut stems and leaves into 2-in. pieces. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add anchovies and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in red peppers, olives, pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- 3. Add linguine and broccoli rabe to skillet; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired to moisten. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Linguine with Broccoli Rabe & Peppers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC