Linguine with Artichoke-Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with basil
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving liquid. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup marinade. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, artichokes, capers, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved tomato liquid and artichoke marinade.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain linguine and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with tomato mixture and remaining oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 375 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Linguine with Artichoke-Tomato Sauce
"Delicious!!! Made it again and added shrimp! Really easy and so flavorful!"
"A most tasty dish! I made pretty much the same as is. I did forget to add the tomato paste and I did not have fresh basil so added dried. I used a few sun dried tomatoes and only had cracked black pepper and garlic canned tomatoes. As an afterthought at the end, I threw in a can of tuna. This is one delicious quick meal. Try it you will not be disappointed!"
"very delicious! easy and even better the next day. my family loved it. we will make this again and again"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.