Linguine with Artichoke-Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes with basil
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving liquid. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup marinade. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, artichokes, capers, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved tomato liquid and artichoke marinade.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain linguine and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with tomato mixture and remaining oil. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 375 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.