Linguine Pesto with Italian Chicken Strips
“This dish came together by chance one night when I was scrambling to get a meal together. It’s one of the best pasta entrees I make and is incredibly fast and tasty!” Beckie Perez - Port Washington, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled Italian chicken strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Add the
- chicken, cheese, corn, pesto, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and
- pepper. Toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 539 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.