Linguine in Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add zucchini; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add the clams, mushrooms, bouillon, basil, pepper and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain linguine; top with clam mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 377 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Linguine in Clam Sauce
"Followed recipe to a tee. A little disappointing. Bland. Expected so much more. Made for 6 adults. Same opinion all around."
"I made this and we loved it. Will make often as it makes my usual recipe seem too bland. I also added some chopped red pepper--delicious!"