Linguine in Clam Sauce Recipe
I make this quite often for family celebrations. It sure is a favorite. The zucchini adds such a nice touch to this traditional dish.—Ken Vouk, Willowick, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add zucchini; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add the clams, mushrooms, bouillon, basil, pepper and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain linguine; top with clam mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC