Use up leftover noodles by tossing them with this wonderful creamy garlic sauce from Loretta Ruda of Kennesaw, Georgia. "This is my version of several recipes I've tried through the years," she notes. "It is so simple to make." Tip: "Top this dish with broiled shrimp or scallops," she suggests.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked linguine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the cream and 1
- teaspoon parsley. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir
- into cream mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Toss with
- linguine; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining parsley. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 429 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as