Linguine Alfredo Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked linguine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the cream and 1 teaspoon parsley. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cream mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Toss with linguine; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 429 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Linguine Alfredo
"This was delicious. My niece said it tasted just like Olive Garden."
"This tasted fantastic. I double the amounts and used it as a base for clams on top of linguine. I cooked the clams in a special lemon/pepper Phillips marinade then added to the top of the Alfredo sauce. Fantastic blend of flavors."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.