Linguine Alfredo Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked linguine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in the cream and 1 teaspoon parsley. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cream mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Toss with linguine; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Linguine Alfredo
Sort By :
This was delicious. My niece said it tasted just like Olive Garden.
This tasted fantastic. I double the amounts and used it as a base for clams on top of linguine. I cooked the clams in a special lemon/pepper Phillips marinade then added to the top of the Alfredo sauce. Fantastic blend of flavors.