Linda's Best Marinated Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linda's Best Marinated Chicken(8)
Sort By :
Made as described by Linda. She is right, very moist and tender. I refrigerated 24 hrs for max effect. If you grill indiredt, covered with the vents wide open, there is no need to turn the chicken pieces during grilling process. The more you take off the lid the more constant heat you lose. Which is very important when grilling chicken. Just baste once at the 15 min mark and at the table.
This turned out really good. I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven rather than grilling them. The chicken was really juicy and had great flavor.
I generally find most marinades for chicken to be a tad bland. Not the case here! This has robust flavor even with these basic ingredients. I used boneless skinless breasts and it grilled up great! Yum!
Great marinade! Recipe makes plenty to use another time.
Made this for Memorial weekend. Because of the larger chicken breasts I pre-baked mine for 30 min on a slotted roasting pan prior to grilling. It helped ensure chicken was thoroughly cooked and came out very tender and tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >