Linda's Best Marinated Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
7 ounces cooked chicken: 533 calories, 38g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Linda's Best Marinated Chicken
"Loved this dish! Used chicken breasts. Cooked these in the oven instead of grill. They turned out beautiful and moist. Whole family gave this a 10! Will definitely be a favourite for us from now on. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Amazing flavor! We used boneless skinless chicken. Turned out so good. Definitely a keeper!"
"Made as described by Linda. She is right, very moist and tender. I refrigerated 24 hrs for max effect. If you grill indiredt, covered with the vents wide open, there is no need to turn the chicken pieces during grilling process. The more you take off the lid the more constant heat you lose. Which is very important when grilling chicken. Just baste once at the 15 min mark and at the table."
"I generally find most marinades for chicken to be a tad bland. Not the case here! This has robust flavor even with these basic ingredients. I used boneless skinless breasts and it grilled up great! Yum!"
"Great marinade! Recipe makes plenty to use another time."
"This marinade was very easy to make and very tasty! We're going to try it as a steak marinade as well. YUM!"
"This was just OK. I found the marinade to be too acidic."
"I have this marinating in the fridge right now! I didn't have grund mustard so I used 1 squeeze of hinez yellow and 1 squeeze of spicy brown mustard. I hope it's good! I'll comment tonight!! :)"