Linda's Best Marinated Chicken
I have been using this grilled chicken since I was 12 years old. That's 40-plus years! It is so moist and delicious, it will melt in your mouth. —Linda Pace, Lees Summit, MO
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic
- bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or
- overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered,
- over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning
- occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15
- minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 7 ounces cooked chicken equals 533 calories, 38 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.