- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linda's Best Marinated Chicken
Sort By :
"Amazing flavor! We used boneless skinless chicken. Turned out so good. Definitely a keeper!"
"This one is a keeper at our house. Great flavor and did keep the chicken moist. I had to really cut the portions down since I was using 3 chicken breast rather than a whole fryer."
"Made as described by Linda. She is right, very moist and tender. I refrigerated 24 hrs for max effect. If you grill indiredt, covered with the vents wide open, there is no need to turn the chicken pieces during grilling process. The more you take off the lid the more constant heat you lose. Which is very important when grilling chicken. Just baste once at the 15 min mark and at the table."
"This turned out really good. I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven rather than grilling them. The chicken was really juicy and had great flavor."
"I generally find most marinades for chicken to be a tad bland. Not the case here! This has robust flavor even with these basic ingredients. I used boneless skinless breasts and it grilled up great! Yum!"