I have been using this grilled chicken recipe since I was 12 years old. That's 40-plus years! It is so moist and delicious, it will melt in your mouth. —Linda Pace, Lees Summit, MO
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Linda's Best Marinated Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Linda's Best Marinated Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review