As an appetizer for my Presidents' Day dinner, I reshaped a favorite cheese ball recipe into this log. Rolled in nuts and sprouting herb sprig "branches", it was a fun and flavorful way to honor one of our most famous leaders. -Mary Beth de Ribeaux, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary or parsley sprigs
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed; beat until fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Shape into a 7-in. x 1-1/2-in. log; roll in walnuts. Insert rosemary or parsley sprigs for branches. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Lincoln Log in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p37
Reviews for Lincoln Log
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2010
"I have used this recipe many times and always get rave reviews. I am continuously asked to bring this appetizer to many functions and it always disappears."