- touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted
- with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake
- in towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water in a
- saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate, butter
- and vanilla; stir until melted.
- While frosting is warm, unroll cake and spread half of frosting over
- cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up. Spread remaining frosting
- over outside of roll. Using tines of a fork, drag along sides of
- cake to resemble tree bark. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 210 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.