As an appetizer for my Presidents' Day dinner, I reshaped a favorite cheese ball recipe into this log. Rolled in nuts and sprouting herb sprig "branches", it was a fun and flavorful way to honor one of our most famous leaders. -Mary Beth de Ribeaux, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary or parsley sprigs
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, onion, Worcestershire sauce and celery seed; beat until fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Shape into a 7-in. x 1-1/2-in. log; roll in walnuts. Insert rosemary or parsley sprigs for branches. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Lincoln Log in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p37
Reviews for Lincoln Log
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2010
"I have used this recipe many times and always get rave reviews. I am continuously asked to bring this appetizer to many functions and it always disappears."