- minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in
- lemon juice and peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar;
- beat until stiff peaks form. Fold cheese and whipped cream into
- lemon curd.
- Arrange a third of the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-in.
- springform pan. Drizzle with a third of the syrup; spread with a
- third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with cookies. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 396 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.