Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers
Super adaptable tilapia takes on citrus notes with ease. Switch out peppers for mushrooms and you've got a whole new entree. —Janee Gragston, Cincinnati, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place fillets on a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime
- juice; sprinkle with lime peel, salt and pepper. Bake at 350°
- for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir peppers in oil over
- medium heat until crisp-tender; stir in basil. Serve with tilapia.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.