Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Place fillets on a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice; sprinkle with lime peel, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir peppers in oil over medium heat until crisp-tender; stir in basil. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/3 cup peppers: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers
"Flavor of the fish and flavor of the peppers didn't compliment each other. Result was a bit of a bland dish. I prefer my fish a bit more flavorful."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.