Super adaptable tilapia takes on citrus notes with ease. Switch out peppers for mushrooms and you've got a whole new entree. —Janee Gragston, Cincinnati, Ohio
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place fillets on a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice; sprinkle with lime peel, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir peppers in oil over medium heat until crisp-tender; stir in basil. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2012
"Flavor of the fish and flavor of the peppers didn't compliment each other. Result was a bit of a bland dish. I prefer my fish a bit more flavorful."