Lime Tart Recipe
For a change of pace from rich holiday desserts, try this light and cool pie. When I'm short on time, I used a prepared graham cracker crust with equally good results. —Jane Dyrhaug, Andover, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in cream and lime juice until smooth. Add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat; gradually bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lime peel. Cool to room temperature; fold in sour cream. Pour into crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Chill for 4 hours or until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 571 calories, 37 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC