For a change of pace from rich holiday desserts, try this light and cool pie. When I'm short on time, I used a prepared graham cracker crust with equally good results. —Jane Dyrhaug, Andover, Minnesota
Recommended: Key Lime Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in cream and lime juice until smooth. Add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat; gradually bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lime peel. Cool to room temperature; fold in sour cream. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Chill for 4 hours or until ready to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lime Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p72
Reviews for Lime Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review