For a fun-looking dessert or a refreshing treat, I rely on limes. I cut the fruit in half and remove the pulp.Patty Burk, Nanaimo, British Columbia
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 large limes
- 1/2 cup lime sherbet
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- Cut limes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and save for another
- use. Fill each lime half with 2 tablespoons of sherbet and ice
- cream. Return to the freezer until serving. Garnish with mint if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.