Lime Strawberry Surprise Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry or strawberry gelatin
- 1. Prepare lime gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 8-cup bowl or mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in pecans. Spread over lime gelatin. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. Prepare strawberry gelatin according to package directions; cool slightly. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup equals 276 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Lime Strawberry Surprise
"This salad is wonderful. Looks absolutely lovely in glass trifle dish. I like the fact that it can also be made for 4th July celebration merely by choosing grape jello in place of lime. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!!"