Lime Strawberry Surprise
Eye-catching in Christmas colors, this dish looks deliciously decorative on the table. Its combination of fruitiness and nutty crunch is surprisingly simple to create.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry or strawberry gelatin
- Prepare lime gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate
- until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an
- 8-cup bowl or mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate
- until firm, about 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir
- in pecans. Spread over lime gelatin. Refrigerate until firm, about 2
- Prepare strawberry gelatin according to package directions; cool
- slightly. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until
- firm about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was doubled for a 4-qt. trifle bowl.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 276 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.