Lime Strawberry Surprise Recipe
Eye-catching in Christmas colors, this dish looks deliciously decorative on the table. Its combination of fruitiness and nutty crunch is surprisingly simple to create.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry or strawberry gelatin
- Prepare lime gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 8-cup bowl or mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in pecans. Spread over lime gelatin. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Prepare strawberry gelatin according to package directions; cool slightly. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Lime Strawberry Surprise in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p25
Reviews for Lime Strawberry Surprise(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
This salad is wonderful. Looks absolutely lovely in glass trifle dish. I like the fact that it can also be made for 4th July celebration merely by choosing grape jello in place of lime. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >