Lime Spritz Cookies Recipe
The refreshing citrus flavor in these pressed cookies comes from lime gelatin. They're easy, festive and delightfully different— always a big hit at potlucks and luncheons.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 14 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC