Lime Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 14 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Spritz Cookies(7)
Sort By :
EASY and good
I make these every year... and everyone loves them. The little bit of lime is a hit. Sad these get such bad ratings - I've made them over and over and have never had problems with the dough.
I did like the flavor of these cookies, but had a hard time mixing them. I usually have no trouble with my cookie press, but this dough was more than it could handle. I finally had to make them into balls and press with a cookie stamp.
Dough did not come together properly, too stiff to go through cookie press, and when I patted it out in a pan and baked it, it had no flavor except butter.
These are great -- I made them with raspberry gelatin in the shape of hearts for Valentines - went over great.