Lime Shrimp with Asparagus Recipe
For this colorful main dish, I combine shrimp, asparagus and sweet red pepper and flavor them with lime juice, lime peel, garlic and soy sauce. It may look like it takes a long time to prepare, but it goes together fast in the microwave. -Peggy Davies Canon City, Colorado
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the asparagus, garlic and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm
- 2. Add shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno to dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel until blended; stir into the cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- 4. Stir in shrimp and asparagus mixtures. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC