- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in lime peel and extracts. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Shortbread with Dried Cherries
Sort By :
"Great cookies! I increased the lime zest a bit for more flavor, but over all these were wonderful. I will definitely be trying some of the variations."
"easy to make, nice to have on hand in refrigerator/freezer. watch carefully, cherries burn easily. lime goes well with cherries. short."
"These were unbelievably delicious. Kept them refrigerated for 2 days and had no problem slicing. I made the orange /cranberry version and is a huge hit with the family. Doubled the recipe and it made 6.25 dozen."
"In response to the review posted by mazoboy , while there would only be 54 servings & the yield stated does read ABOUT 4 1/2 dozen, the review is not about someone's math skills. Please try to confine yourself to reviewing the recipe only. Great shortbread Abigail !"
"Nice cookie, but 4-l/2 dozen doesn't yield 56 servings."