- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in lime peel and extracts. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Shortbread with Dried Cherries
Sort By :
"Made for Christmas and was enjoyed by all, a good shortbread cookie with a twist. Will add more zest next time though for a little more flavor. Recipe only made about 3 dozen cookies though."
"they are awesome!"
"I've made this recipe several times now, and every single time they come out wonderful. I don't know why everyone else is having issues cutting them, but maybe I haven't had any problems because I always freeze my cookie dough then slice and bake? I've made the Cherry Lime as well as Cranberry Orange and Blueberry Lemon. The only thing I change is to triple the amount of zest and dried berries. There just simply isn't enough in the original recipe. Other than that, FABULOUS!"
"This was so easy and so delicious. I've actually made these quite a few times now. Added cranberrys and coconut and were very good too. A keeper!"
"I had a similar problem to other reviewers who found the cookies hard to slice. My first attempt left me with nothing but crumbled logs of dough. Sprinkled crumbled dough with a tablespoon of water, reshaped the dough into one single 12" log, refrigerated it for several hours, and . . . voila! Excellent shortbread cookies. Will try making it again with nuts someday, and the sugar coating to outside. Great ideas, everyone!"