Priced at a cool 20¢ a bowl, this frozen treat is just as refreshing when it's made with orange or raspberry gelatin. "My family especially enjoys it in the summer," relates Julie Bendenstein of Arcola, Indiana.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups cold milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Add
- lemon juice and peel. Whisk in milk. Pour into an ungreased 9-in.
- square pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat for 2 minutes. Return to pan. Cover
- and freeze for 1 hour; stir.
- Freeze 1 hour longer or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.