Lime Sherbet Recipe
Priced at a cool 20¢ a bowl, this frozen treat is just as refreshing when it's made with orange or raspberry gelatin. "My family especially enjoys it in the summer," relates Julie Bendenstein of Arcola, Indiana.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Add lemon juice and peel. Whisk in milk. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; beat for 2 minutes. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour; stir.
- 3. Freeze 1 hour longer or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lime Sherbet
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC