Lime Sherbet Recipe
Priced at a cool 20¢ a bowl, this frozen treat is just as refreshing when it's made with orange or raspberry gelatin. "My family especially enjoys it in the summer," relates Julie Bendenstein of Arcola, Indiana.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Add lemon juice and peel. Whisk in milk. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; beat for 2 minutes. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour; stir.
- 3. Freeze 1 hour longer or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC