Priced at a cool 20¢ a bowl, this frozen treat is just as refreshing when it's made with orange or raspberry gelatin. "My family especially enjoys it in the summer," relates Julie Bendenstein of Arcola, Indiana.
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups cold milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Add lemon juice and peel. Whisk in milk. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat for 2 minutes. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 1 hour; stir.
- Freeze 1 hour longer or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lime Sherbet in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p22
Reviews for Lime Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review