Lime Pudding Cakes Recipe
This old-time dessert was always a real treat. My mother, Lois, baked it for us. Now I share it with my loved ones, too.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime or lemon peel
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add the flour, salt, lime juice and peel; mix well. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- 2. Pour into six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Place cups in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cake equals 324 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC