Lime Pudding Cakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime or lemon peel
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add the flour, salt, lime juice and peel; mix well. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- 2. Pour into six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Place cups in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Lime Pudding Cakes
"Awesome flavour, quite tart so that you know that it is lime. I baked it in a casserole dish that holds 6 cups of water nicely, as I did not have the ramekins. It came out just a nicely."
"Very good. You get to have both cake and pudding in the same dessert. I used 8 (4 oz.) ramekins. Made with a Mexican dish"