Lime Pear Salad
Through my years of working in the food service industry, I've collected a bounty of salad recipes. This pleasantly colored side dish is cool, creamy and comforting.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin until smooth. Drain pears,
- reserving syrup; set pears aside. If necessary, add enough water to
- syrup to equals 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Gradually add to gelatin
- mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in ice cream until dissolved.
- Mash pears and fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an greased 6-cup
- mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.