Lime Pear Salad Recipe
Through my years of working in the food service industry, I've collected a bounty of salad recipes. This pleasantly colored side dish is cool, creamy and comforting.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin until smooth. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. If necessary, add enough water to syrup to equals 1 cup.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Gradually add to gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in ice cream until dissolved. Mash pears and fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an greased 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC